Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dress and Crafts Progress January 14-18

My maids of honor threw me a bridal shower last weekend in Colorado.  It was very relaxing, yummy, and fun.  My parents drove from Iowa, and we all had a great time.  Partying is no excuse to stop working on the dress and wedding crafts, though!  My dad, Manda,and I spent some time on some wedding crafts: ribbons, table numbers, luminaria cutting and punching.  I worked on my dress, mainly overcasting and catch stitching my foundation, and overcasting the lining.  I even sewed on the airplane.  On the way to Colorado, I had a middle seat, which is not ideal for handwork.  I made it work, though.  On the way back, I had a window seat, which was much better. 

Since I've gotten back, I've finished overcasting and catch stitching the foundation, cut all the boning to size, inserted it in the channels, and closed the boning channels.  I've basted all the foundation lining seam lines, basted those seams, sewn them, and removed the basting thread.  So, all that's left for the foundation before the final fitting is attaching the closure, the waist stay, and trimming, overcasting, and catchstitching the foundation lining.  I need to check the catchstitching on the bust curves, because I want them to lie perfectly flat. 

Here are some photos of the overcast and catchstitched foundation before I inserted the boning.

No comments: