Monday, August 2, 2010

More sewing inspiration

Okay, so Danielle from Peregrine Espresso turned me on to this sewing blog - it's fun and helpful! 

This blog also reminds me to post about the really neat couture exhibit I went to see in Nashville, TN July 25 at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts: http://www.fristcenter.org/site/exhibitions/exhibitiondetail.aspx?cid=795.  One of the neat things for me was the undergarments...since I'm working on the foundation at the moment.  Another cool thing was that the Mexico dress was here....it's photgraphed in Claire Shaeffer's Couture Sewing Techniques book.  So I already knew something about it.  I can't find a photo of it online, it's too bad!  It turns out that much of the collection is visible online.  Here is a link to one of my favorite evening dresses from the collection: http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O120600/evening-dress/.  The V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum in the UK) has an archive of couture garments.  I don't know much about it at this point, but it's neat.

No comments: