Sunday, February 19, 2012

New (rental) Abode!

It's been a long time since I posted. I hope the erratic schedule doesn't bother you.  Anyway, I promised photos of our new rental house, so here they are.  Note that the rent here is pretty much the same as my tiny 2-room apartment in Washington, DC.  I took these pictures in December, as will be evident by the Christmas tree.

Living/Dining Room.  This room is the size of my previous apartment.

View of the kitchen from the dining room.

View of the kitchen from the patio door.

The hot tub.  It looks a lot better now, as we spent a lot of $$ getting it working.

The back patio.  Still a bit of a mess.

The guest bedroom.  The bed is so high because there's a bunch of boxes underneath.

Sewing Room/Office/Steve's Closet/Back-up Guest Room.  I love that we have this room.  It is also the sunniest room in the house.

Master bedroom.  King-size bed with room to spare.
We love all the space and the privacy of living in a house.  This house is on a 1/3-acre lot on a dead-end street, so we are really spoiled.  It also has a nice front porch with swing.  Next post I'll show you the garden I'm building for spring. Steve and I are daydreaming about eventually having a house of our own now.  So many plans!

1 comment:

the dizzle said...

yay!!! you're back!! i am so jealous of your kitchen, it is so cute. and sewing room. and rug in your living room. and the hot tub. oh wait, i am just totally jealous of your house!