Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dress Assembly Begun!

Wow, so today I sewed all the dress sections together at the top edge of the dress.  Innermost was the foundation, with the lining, dress, overdress, and inside-out foundation lining outermost.  The seam allowances will all get secured to the foundation, and then the lining will get flipped in to the inside of the garment, prick stitched to it doesn't slip up when I'm wearing the dress, and then the rest of the dress finishing can continue.

It really looks like a wedding gown now, it's sorta poofy with all the tulle inside, and the fabrics together are just so beautiful!  I'm beginning to really sense how luxurious having a silk lining in the dress is going to be.  I'm hoping that I can get some help marking the dress for hemming tomorrow, but I'll just have to see what might be possible. 

For now, here are a few photos of the dress assembly process:
Putting the layers together; you can also see the poofiness a bit here

The foundation lining on the outside, and I've begun pinning the seam in preparation for basting and then sewing

The dress held up to me, I can't wait to try it on for real!
And here are a few photos of my sewing/blogging assistant:





Awwww...

No comments: