Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dress Assembly Begun!

I'm so excited! Why am I so excited?  Well, after all the muslin construction, fitting, dress fabric cutting, marking, and thread tracing, petal cutting, etc....I have begun to assemble the actual pieces of my dress!!  Last night, I started basting together the sections of the foundation.  As you may be aware, I envisioned this foundation in several different fabrics and with several different layerings and with several different versions of boning channels, but eventually I settled on cotton broadcloth, one layer on the grain and the other on the cross grain, for the functional layers of the foundation.  Boning channels will be sewn between the layers of the broadcloth.  The lining will be the silk crepe de chine of the rest of the lining.  YAY!!


No comments: