Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Buttons Arrived - I am IMPRESSED

Okay, so I feel like it was just yesterday that I mailed off my fabrics for my buttons, and lo and behold, when I got home from work today, buttons!  I can't believe how fast the amazing Pat Mahoney was, she is my new hero.  Heroine.  The buttons are beautiful, the prices are very good, the speed is good.  In other words, it would have been silly for me to try to do this on my own.  I owe my gratitude to my Wedding Gowns 101 class on PatternReview.com teacher and co-students for letting me know about Ms. Mahoney's amazing business.

Here are a few photos.  Luna also LOVED the buttons.  Luckily she attacked the styrofoam peanuts rather than the buttons.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am currently sewing my daughter's bridal dress and would love to know how to connect with Pat Mahoney's button business. It would be wonderful to have buttons that match her dress exactly! Would you please share? Thank you so much!

IowaHoodlum said...

Hello, I'm so sorry I didn't reply to your comment before now. As you have noticed, I have not been blogging recently. It looks like Pat Mahoney retired. This article gives an email address that may be helpful for identifying a current source for covered buttons: http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/38036/pats-custom-buttons-and-belts-for-sale.