Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wrap nearly complete!

All that remains to be finished on my wrap is the buttons.  I am going to ask the button professional to make a couple of larger buttons for this, too.  Hopefully that will be a good solution.

So, the seams for the wrap:  to attach the three layers of fabric together at the neckline and hemline (which includes the perimeter of the sash), I used a French seam.  For the sleeves, shoulder and side seams, I used fell seams.  For the armhole seams, I used standing fell.  I think they all turned out great.  I'll put some detail shot photos later.  Here is the finished product.  You'll have to use your imagination to put it over a wedding dress.

I love the sleeves. I can't wait to add the buttons and take the final photos!

No comments: