Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm "officially" a "blogger"

I went to an event with a friend at the Newseum.  And since it's the Newseum, all the "guests" were "bloggers".  It did take all of us guests a bit of time to figure out that was the new definition of blogger.  Our conversations went something like this:

Other person says, "My nametag says "blogger"."
I say, "So it does.  Are you, in fact, a blogger?"
"No."
"Hmm, wait, mine says blogger, too."
"Hmm, it does."
"Well, I have a sewing blog, but I don't know how they would have known that.  This is a landscape architecture event."
"Ha. Really, you have a blog?"
"Sure, but only my friends and family read it. And it's about sewing." [although it's awfully flattering when other folks read it, too!!]
"Hmm... Ok.  Let's get a drink."
"Ok!"

Okay, here's my official blogger namebadge:

No comments: