Friday, August 20, 2010

Online Sewing Class - What I Learned - Part II

All right!  So this evening was our second online sewing class chat, and of course I learned more useful things!  I feel a little like I've been asking too many questions, so I tried to tone it down a little bit, but I don't know if I succeeded.  I am a rather eager pupil, I'm afraid. Well, what can I do, I'm just going to embrace it and hope that I'm not the only one with my questions. Some students don't ask any questions at all. 

Here's what I learned:

1) do final fit tweaks to the foundation to make it fit smoothly in the final version; this is always necessary.  I.e., take darts out at the bottom edge of the foundation.
2) my silk basting thread may not be fine enough.  The Japanese kinds are preferred. 
3) all of us <3 underlinings
4) we didn't talk about boning at all!  very funny. I guess we already answered those questions.
5) okay, if I think of anything else, I will put it here after I read our chat transcript!

No comments: