Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dressmaking Weekend 3 (in April)

April 10-11, 2010































I have spent a lot more money on dressmaking supplies :-) . I received all the fabrics and bought tulle, more muslin, thread, a tailor's ham, a seam roll, a ruler, horsehair, buttons to cover with fabric, pearls for the petals, more boning for the foundation, cotton batiste for the foundation, etc. etc. etc. I have been pinning, cutting, and marking the new muslin pieces and I dreamed up an awesome wrap for the dress: I am going to create my wrap pattern from this one: http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m5241-products-4734.php?page_id=115the (this later changed), the "tails" in front will probably be longer but narrower. I am going to puff the bottoms of the sleeves out a bit, a little like this: http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8598-products-10474.php?page_id=259. All the pictures attached have to do with hand-washing the silk for the dress. This has been stressful but there have been no disasters.

No comments: