Sunday, January 23, 2011

Silk Flowers and Headpiece

I finished the silk flowers for the bridesmaids and the flower girl.  Each is made from 9 or 10 five-petal fabric pieces.  The pattern was adapted from a Martha Stewart Weddings template.  Three colors of silk organza were used, and two colors of tulle.  The flowers were centered with the custom-made half-ball buttons I got from Pat Mahoney.  See the photos below!  I also finished the headpiece.  It has Russian veiling, a pink organza flounce, and lace from my mother's wedding dress.  True to explanations I have seen, the lace was lovely and easy to work with.  Great!

The colors are a little screwy on the last one.  The silk there is the same as is in the silk flowers above; it is definitely NOT coral (i.e., not a cross between pink and orange).

No comments: